Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Summer Events begin!

Today the girls and I traveled to Crest Springs to attend my cousin Jamie's Bridal Shower! We had a great time!
The day started a little on the rough side. I was exhausted because I stay up too late and Andrea wakes too early. I cannot wait until she begins to sleep in! I also have been batteling with an intestonial flu of some sort. But despite all of this we managed to get out the door by 10 am. and we are on schedule to arrive at the shower at 1 which is the scheduled start time.
The girls traveled very well. The trip takes 3 hours. As soon as Ahleah fell asleep Andrea declared that she really really had to use the bathroom. Andrea pee'd along the road for the first time today! We were on the turn pike and I really did not want to wake Ahleah so we pulled over and I held Andrea carefull so she wouldn't splash her shoes or her dress and within minutes with Ahleah still asleep we were on our way! I am so proud of Andrea!
Then in Altoona just 1/2 hour outside of our destinationAndrea had to go again. So this time we stopped at Sheetz and here is where the delays occured. Ahleah peed again as soon as I placed her clean diaper under her butt. So, I simply changed her again. Using 2 diapers in one shot. Then we travel back to the car when I realize that Ahleah has diarreah and it has run down her legs and onto my shirt. We return to the bathroom for another diaper change and a clean outfit. When we return to the car the second time Ahleah has yet again had diarrhea. So this time I opt to change her in the car, as it has not traveled outside of her diaper. We are finally on the road again after 1/2 hour bathroom break.
At the shower both of the girls were well behaved and happy. They were very entertaining and adorable as they played and made new friends. Andrea became buddies very quickly with my cousin Jasmine who is 5. They were inseparable for the remained of our time there and after the shower at my Aunt Dot's house. Ahleah came to me for lots of love and reassurance but was very eager to run around and play and quickly warmed up to my cousin Kathleen. I love visiting all of my cousins and wish that there were more events to take the girls to so that they may feel the family love as I did when I was young.
The day ended late but was so much fun! The girls made it to bed around 10 pm and are sound asleep (I hope they sleep in!)
Tomorrow another adventure...My friend Jenn's little boy Issac turn one and is having his first Birthday party!

No comments: